Thursday, August 19, 2010

Starting a children's group need a cool hip name for the group?

Hi I am starting a children's support group for foster and adopted children. In the group we will be going to field trips, the children will have disposable cameras so they can capture what is special to them and put it in their journals ( we are supplying) we want to encourage them to be creative and learn to use art to communicate feelings of anger, sadness, loss, confusion, happiness...etc. I need a name for the group. The children are ages from 8-15 year olds. Any ideas?

Starting a children's group need a cool hip name for the group?
Give It a Shot!





"Giving" describes the outreach part of the program, and "shot" refers to the picture taking. The expression "giving it a shot" also implies the idea of taking chances and starting fresh, which is the case of the kids your group supports. The name might also be appealing to them because it somehow reminds one of sports, like basketball and other sports that are very popular amongst kids in that age group. The members of "Give it a Shot!" can be called "Givers".
Reply:Well, first off, I want to tell you what a great thing it is that you are doing. I think it's fantastic that people love caring for those who are less fortunate than ourselves. Now, I'm a teen, and I have plenty of experience in dealing with ridicule because of names that are meant for the younger age groups who attend. What you need is a name that refers to all age groups, that is very straight forward about what you do in the group, and that people would be proud to say the name. Here are my thoughts, however I warn you, I'm not very good at this...








1. Foster Family (though you deal with adopted too...)


2. Helping Hand


3. Communities Helping Kids


4. Supporting our Future





Those are some of my ideas... They aren't very good but... I told you that so... Good Luck and keep doing what you're doing!


No comments:

Post a Comment