Saturday, July 24, 2010

Trying to remember the name of a children's book about illiteracy. Can you help?

I had this read to me long ago as a child, and I'd like to find it again for my kids. The story was about a guy who goes to a food store to purchase supplies to make spagetti. But because he can't read, he get's all the wrong stuff (for instance, istead of a box of spagetti noodles, he gets a box of plastic wrap, etc.) The boxes and jars all looked right to him as far as size and shape, but because he couldn't read he got the wrong things.


The moral being about the importance of reading.





Anyone know which book this was? Thanks!

Trying to remember the name of a children's book about illiteracy. Can you help?
I hope this helps you out








Little Old Man Who Could Not Read


I.S. Black


Reinforced Hardcover / Albert Whitman %26amp; Co / June 1968 / 0807546216


List Price $12.95 / Similar to Little Old Man Who Could Not Read


Compare Prices Add to Wish List Book Details


No comments:

Post a Comment